Elegant Jewelry Beads and Accessories

Thursday 28 May 2015

Different Types of Items Found Within the Jewelry Making Supplies

The jewelry making supplies that you may need to start making the jewelry is beads and jewelry wire. The jewelry wire is normally made in the gold filled, gold plated, silver plated, gold, silver, copper and brass.  The wires are sold within many sizes that are known as gauges and a wire with a large gauge is going to be known as small diameter. If you make the jewelry, the common gauge to use are from 22, 20, 18 and 16.  The 26 and 24 gauge may be used but they are not that frequent.    There are also other features of the soft jewelry wire that may be used such as the soft jewelry wire which is used to make spirals or rounded shapes.  Semi-hardwire that are used to tight the beads on it or on other wires. Hard wires are used when there is no need to harden the objects afterwards.  Sterling silver jewelry wire and the gold jewelry wire come with perceived value.  The craft wire is found in different styles and they are plastic coated wire. You can find enamel coating or parasitic coated wire. There are also other types of wire you can find and the price depends on the materials used.

The beads are also an important part of the jewelry making supplies. They are found from different materials and they come with a hole that it is used to hold the beads on the wire. The beads are found in the bones, metals, stones, wood, plastic and glass.  Some precious and semi precious materials also may be used.  Fire polished beads are normally defined and they are faceted or cut off glass beads which are polished through the heating. Seeds beads are less expensive and smaller beads which are made in the glass. They are normally shaped as small donut. Pressed glass beads are normally made in the manner that the milk bottle are made and when they are still hot, they are forced into the mold in order to make such beads. This is inexpensive process for which the pressed glass beads are made and the beads are not that expensive.  The most expensive beads are Swarovski Crystal beads.
Other types of jewelry making supplies are the components that are used together with the jewelry such as jump rings, ear wires, head pines and clasps.  They can be handmade or manufactured.  There are some components that are important and they are needed for any jewelry making.

Even if there are many types of the jewelry supplies, these that have been identified above are the most common ones. A beginner can start out by buying inexpensive jewelry making supplies to get the right skills. 

2 comments:

  1. Going to try this one since I have all the necessary beads. I will probably make a matching pair of earrings (pierced) and matching bracelet. Will come back whenever it is done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to begin that I stayed up a few hours later than usual and made this necklace with the matching earrings and bracelet.
    This morning, I showed the set to my lady neighbour and asked her how much she would pay for this after telling her what they're made from.
    She said: "I'd say $35-40 easily." That blew me away since it cost me approx. $4.25 in supplies!
    My neighbour said I should start making many varieties and colours and start my own business of selling online. I was elated!
    I just wish I had a camera to take a pic to show you the finished products right now. Once I earn enough profit, the first thing I will purchase is a high quality digital camera and start showing off my "talent". :)

    ReplyDelete